JUNIOR ENTRY PAYBACK SCHEME
The SHCC aims to assist its junior members by providing financial assistance for members involved in racing activities beyond club level.
SHCC Junior riders may apply to receive a reimbursement of entry fees paid during a race season.
A percentage of the amount claimed as set by the SHCC committee will be repaid to eligible junior members. The payback percentage is set by the SHCC committee based on demand and available funding. The 2017 payback percentage is set at 100%.
All SHCC junior members up to and including Under17 Riders must hold a Cycling Australia or MTBA Open license.
Rules and Obligations
- Riders must compete in events to claim payback.
- Riders must be entered as SHCC members.
- Riders are expected to wear SHCC apparel/cycling kit.
- Riders may wear academy apparel/cycling kit that complies with the event rules.
- Riders cannot claim payback for an event if their entry fee is paid by a third party such as an academy, trade team, and sponsor or bike shop.
- Riders should consider themselves representatives of the club at all times and conduct themselves in a manner that exhibits good behaviour and sportspersonship.
Note: Riders that breach any rule or obligation of the scheme may be excluded from the scheme.
- Road and Track: Division championships, Country Championships, State Championships,
National Championships, State level Open racing.
- MTB: State Series, State Championships, National Series, National Championships.
- Club racing, Interclub racing, Non UCI affiliated events, Overseas events, Participation and charity events such as ‘the gong ride’, Commercially operated events such as the RAW track series, Mont 24, Highland Fling, Token 12hr.
Riders that have qualified for the NSW state squad to ride at the national championships may make application to the SHCC committee for a special consideration.
Riders that have qualified for or intend to enter UCI affiliated overseas events such as
The Oceanic Championships, World Cup events or World Championships may make application to the SHCC committee for a special consideration.
Financial assistance is available for qualifying riders.
- Riders may claim payback at the end of each racing season, ie Summer and Winter.
- Riders are to keep accurate records of race meeting attended.
- Riders are to complete the standard form available on the website.
- Completed forms are to be sent to the club treasurer for approval.
- The timeframe for processing claims is at the discretion of the treasurer.
- Riders are to claim payback no later than one year after the event date.
- The SHCC will provide payment by cheque or bank transfer. No cash payments will be made.