Day Licenses (Racing)
If you’re not sure about whether Racing (in particular) is for you or you’d like to do a one off event then you can always obtain a Single or Three day Race or Ride membership which allows you to participate in “Affiliated Club and Promoter Events”.
This type of membership is supported by SHCC for our racing events all year round.
We suggest the following process in order to get the most value out of the license & subsequent experience:
- Get in contact with our Handicapper either with a Facebook message or direct Email
With this we’ll have a chat about any previous racing experience & what your current fitness level may be in order to support your grading appropriately (for reference the Grading policy from Cycling NSW is here)
- Checkout & then ride the course to ensure that you are familiar with it & it’s challenges (see out Maps section)
- Set a realistic goal for how you want to perform, such as:Stay with your group until this point
- Try to beat your current Personal Best on a certain climb
- Or; just have a good time!
- Mandatory: Sign up for a Cycling Australia Day Membership (http://membership.cycling.org.au/)
- Bring some cash for race entry fees (this is in addition to the membership & is used to both support the club & provide some winning incentive)
- Give yourself enough time to sign-on, warm up & have a chat with other club members
In Winter races sign-on from ~ 13:30 for a 14:00 start
In Summer we sign-on from ~ 17:30 for an 18:00 start
- Have fun & try to stay relaxed!
Mountain Bike Australia Membership (for MTB)
MTBA handle all memberships which are specific to Mountain Bike & Cyclocross separately from Cycling Australia.
In all cases checkout http://www.mtba.asn.au/membership/ for more information
Cycling Australia Membership (for Road)
Cycling Australia offers a wide range of memberships in order to cater for the different roles which you might play within a club.
In all cases check out http://membership.cycling.org.au/ for more information.
- Memberships are calendar year (1st Jan to 31st Dec)
- Pricing differs depending on rider age
- There are discounts for family memberships
If you are thinking of joining it’s highly recommended that you start at the beginning of either the Winter or Summer Racing seasons in order to get some sort of continuity & track your progress throughout the entire series.